CASPER Community Workshop
The CASPER Community Workshop is typically a week long event attended by ~100 scientists and engineers from around the world. The workshop schedule comprises talks by those using and developing CASPER technologies, as well as presentations about upcoming technologies from our industry partners.
Hosts of the Community workshop also undertake the organization of a series of tutorials aimed at new CASPER collaborators.
Hardware / Porting Workshop & Busy Week
The CASPER Hardware / Porting workshop is an opportunity for a small (typically ~20) group of developers to work on integrating new hardware and software features into the CASPER ecosystem. It is an excellent venue for those familiar with hardware to learn about the inner workings of the CASPER FPGA toolflow.
Traditionally, this workshop is combined with a developer Busy Week, in which software developments from the previous year are tested and merged into the main CASPER community repositories.
More Information: Workshop Webpage
Venue: STFC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, UK
Dates: To be announced. Expected Spring/Summer 2021. Expected duration is 1 week workshop + 1 week Busy Week.
- 2021 CASPER Workshop, hosted virtually, May 17 – 20, 2021
- 2019 CASPER Workshop and PIRE DSP School, hosted by the Center for Astrophysics | Harvard & Smithsonian, Cambridge MA, August 12th – 16th, 2019
- 2019 Porting Workshop, HartRAO (Hartebeesthoek Radio Astronomy Observatory), South Africa, 8th – 12th July 2019
- CASPER California Institute of Technology Workshop 2017, hosted by the California Institute of Technology, August 14 – 18, 2017
- CASPER Cape Town Workshop 2016, hosted by University of Cape Town, January 25-29, 2016
- CASPER Berkeley Workshop 2014, hosted by UC Berkeley, June 9-13, 2014
- CASPER Manchester/Jodrell Workshop 2013, hosted by Jodrell Bank, 2013 ( CASPER Jodrell Bank Workshop, 2013)
- CASPER Green Bank Workshop 2012, hosted by NRAO Green Bank, 13-17 August, 2012 @ Green Bank, WV
- CASPER Pune Workshop 2011, hosted by National Centre for Radio Astrophysics (NCRA), 10-14 October, 2011 @ Pune, India
- CASPER Beijing Workshop 2011, hosted by National Astronomical Observatories, Chinese Academy of Sciences (NAOC), 2011 @ Beijing, mainland China
- CASPER Taiwan Workshop 2011, hosted by Institute of Astronomy and Astrophysics,Academia Sinica,(ASIAA), 23 March, 2011 @ Taipei, Taiwan
- DSP Berkeley Workshop, hosted by UC Berkeley, 16 September, 2010
- CASPER Cambridge Workshop 2010, hosted by Harvard CfA, 16 – 20 August
- CASPER Workshop III – 28 September – 2 October 2009 @ Cape Town, South Africa
- CASPER JPL Workshop – June 11-12, 2009 @ JPL in Pasadena, California
- CASPER Workshop II – August 2-5, 2008 @ UC Berkeley
- CASPER Workshop I – July, 2007 @ UC Berkeley